Get More Productive and Make More Profit With PhoenixMobile
Last time around, I talked about one of my favorite tools, www.altosresearch.com.
Today, I want to talk a little about the single most important productivity tool I have. PhoenixMobile. The Phoenix suite of tools, including the desktop tools, desktop sketch and the mobile sketch and data gathering app are critical to my production. Yes, I’m an every day Appraiser, like you. Being as efficient as possible is very important to me.
Like many Appraisers, I used a camera, clip board, pen or pencil, tape and sketch pad. What a load to lug around!
Now, it’s my iPhone, iPad and my Bosch Digital Laser Distance Measurer.
PhoenixMobile allows me to increase my production by about 20%.
I’ll talk about the Bosch another time. Right now, I’ll focus on the PhoenixMobile app.
I start by firing up Clickforms and opening my file. It is based on a general template an I import my subject data from public records. Now I’m ready.
I upload my ClickForms file to the PhoenixMobile cloud servers from my desktop, using the ClickForms PhoenixMobile tool. Then, it’s off to my appointment. When I get to my appointment, I open my iPad, start the PhoenixMobile app and hit the Sync button.
Almost like magic, my file comes down from the cloud and appears on the screen.
I take and label all my photos, draw my sketch and input all of the physical data about the subject, including dictating all of my descriptive commentary.
Now, think about it. If you are still using a camera, clip board, pen or pencil and sketch pad, you are doing everything I just did, twice.
- You take your photos with your camera, then you have to transfer the photos to your computer, import them into the proper photo page and lastly, label the photos.
- You carefully draw your sketch on your pad of graph paper. If you are like me, you have to decipher some of the numbers because my handwriting is so sloppy. Then, you have to draw the sketch, AGAIN, on your desktop and import it or copy and paste it into your appraisal.
- You take copious notes, writing about all of the improvements the subject has, either on your sketch paper, or a cut and pasted URAR that has been copied and recopied dozens of times.
Using PhoenixMobile, I:
- Take my photos with my iPad, label them with a few easy taps. DONE
- Draw my sketch, label the rooms. DONE
- Tap my way through the appraisal form, inputting all of the physical characteristics about the subject, including dictating all of my descriptive comments. DONE
While the Appraiser who uses a camera, clip board, pen or pencil and sketch pad is going through the throes of organizing and importing and labeling photos, re-doing the sketch and importing or copying it to the URAR and, finally, filling out the lower half of page 1 of the URAR, I’m already past all that, importing my comps using the MLS Data Import Wizard in ClickForms.
I can see that you are getting the picture, now. Using PhoenixMobile greatly increases an Appraiser’s production and thus, profitability.
Dennis Kerns, the other owner of Apple Appraisal, Inc. and I believe in this product. Best thing is, it’s cheap to use. Steven Wright, the President of PhoenixSuite told me, “If I can’t make the cost per appraisal about the same as a can of soda, I’m not doing it right.”
Steven succeeded and Dennis and I reap the profits of higher productivity.
If you want to know more about PhoenixSuite and their products, go to www.phoenixsuite.com. I’m also happy to tell you about my experience with them by phone or email.
Do I sound like a shill for the company? Yup. It’s because the product works well and makes me more productive, which is my bottom line. If you have been waiting for the right time to move into the fully digital appraisal process, the time is now.
Anthony Blackburn, CEO
Apple Appraisal, Inc.